When: Tuesday, Dec. 11th from 5:30-7:00pm, with time for networking afterward.
Where: Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 4th floor Board Room.The library is located at 101 N. Stone Ave., and the garage is best reached from Alameda and Stone.
Cost: Free. Parking in the garage under the library is free after 5:00pm.
Why are these new tools attractive?
- You've built a solid following on Facebook and Twitter? These services are built to mesh with your online supporters via social media and take advantage of the easy shareability.
- Good ideas don't have to fit a mold.
- Capital can come from more sources, a democratization of funding.
- Funding sources less limited by geography.
- If you are an entrepreneur, you retain 100% of your company's equity.
- Creative people have more control over their project, more independence.
- Leslie Ann Epperson raised $7,000 to complete the filming of a documentary of the All Souls Procession using Indiegogo.
- Marge Pellegrino helped raise nearly $9,000 for the Hopi Foundation's Owl and Panther Project using Razoo.
- Hildy Gottlieb raised $2,000 with StartSomeGood for a Changemaker Scholarship campaign benefiting her nonprofit Creating the Future. She has also run two other campaigns on StartSomeGood.
Here is the list we're working from:
Bidding for Good
Fans Next Door
Go Fund Me
Rock the Post
Start Some Good