What do you get when you bring together a library, excellent resources for businesses and nonprofits, professionals and mentors to provide workshops and individual support, and a space where you can learn and get things done? We're calling it the Idea+Space and it is located on the second floor of the Joel D. Valdez Main Library.
What you’ll find at the Idea+Space:
- · New programs, including: business planning, lean startup workshops, brainstorming, problem-solving, social media marketing, financial management, professional meetups, and library business resources
- · Nonprofit workshops and resources for grantseekers
- · Self-employment assistance and resource referral
- · Job and career help services
- · Catalyst Café programs introducing new ideas
- · Furniture designed for collaboration
- · Library staff and volunteer mentors from the community to help you
The Idea+Space was funded by a grant from the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records. In 2014, the Arizona State Library received about $3.25 million under the Library Services and Technology Act, which is administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Almost $1 million of the funding was awarded on a competitive basis to libraries in Arizona.